Sunday, May 23, 2010

A good spring week

Unlike the first couple of years we lived in New England, this spring has been nice and warm. That means a lot of days and evenings are spent on the hammock enjoying this:

The seagulls are always there, now so are the geese and an occasional swan and egret.

Ethan, Kirsti, and Ryan had their very first golf lessons this week!  They all did great and Peter and the instructor were shocked when Kirsti's first stroke ever had prefect form in the back stroke.  They will all be going back in a couple weeks for more.

Yesterday we cleaned all day in preparation for my mom coming next week. By all day I mean the kids and I were working for 6 hours. (We'd clean one hour and rest 20 minutes- 5 times). During the breaks I spent the whole time on the hammock relaxing. It is the best stress reliever around! After we finished, we went to Olive Garden dinner and Cold Stone ice cream. Very satisfying day!

And since I never posted this on my regular blog, here are some Easter pictures (they didn't turn out great, but they turned out.) O.o

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

andrea said...

I think I'm going to try that tactic next time the kids are supposed to clean their room. Maybe it will help. Addie tends to get overwhelmed and give up.
We LOVE sitting in our hammock, the only problem is the only place we can hang it is the front porch, and I wish we could be in the privacy of the back yard.

Tucker Mom said...

You didn't have to clean for me. I am really looking forward to the visit. I love the pictures. Send them to Sam's Club under my name and I will get copies. Love you

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I need to add this blog to my google reader! I wish we had a hammock. We have perfect trees for it! You didn't sew everyone's Easter outfits??? :-) (that is coming from the girl who already buys her Christmas Eve pj's)

Cluttered Brain said...

Beautiful family!! It was nice to see you at CBC!!
i love the sunset in Boston also!

GORGEOUS!