Thursday, May 20, 2010

May flowers, I mean fishers

So, Matthew has been doing preschool with the other sunbeam in his class. We have it twice a week and take turns teaching it at our houses. It has been a lot of fun and Matthew loves going. Anyway, here is a picture of him wearing H hats we made last week:



On the week we did "F" I made little fish for a fishing game. It was so much fun, Joseph and Matthew practiced all the next day. I also used it for a FHE game and I used it for singing time that weekend. It has gotten a lot of use, which is good because it took me forever! (Do you like the blue sleeping bag/makeshift pond?)




Also in the first half of May, Elise had her school play that her drama club practiced three days a week all year for. She had a small part, but did great in it. Joseph and Matthew, however, decided to make the performance as hard as possible for Peter and I (hence the lack of pictures). Thanks guys.

Ethan also had a field trip where he performed the dulcimer he'd made. It was a world culture field trip and there were several schools performing various world wide musical things. Very cool. I didn't realize the school they were at was 30 minutes away and didn't leave the house until 15 minutes before the start of the program. Luckily I made it in time to watch them!  Here is one of their songs:


Also, there was the father/son camp out (or fire camp as Matthew calls it). The boys look forward to it all year and had a blast! The girls and I had a girls night out with some friends who were also solo for the camp out. We went to dinner and then the local high school's play: Fiddler on the Roof. It wasn't bad, but then again I already knew it by heart. Mom, how often did we watch/listen to that movie growing up? 100 000 times? Elise and Kirsti liked it so well, they watched the entire movie the next day and now I am about to lose my mind with renditions of "Do you love me? Do I WHAT?!?"
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Boyer Family said...

Cute idea with the fish. I might try to steal it for singing time here. I wish I could have seen Elise in her school play, I bet she did awesome! Great video of Ethan!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I've thought of starting up a co-op like that someday. Looks like fun. Good for Elise on her play too.

Tucker Mom said...

I love the fishing game. Kids love to do that. I didn't know you were doing a preschool. I bet Matthew does love it.