Thursday, June 17, 2010

Beginning of June

I'm taking a break from birthday preparations to let you know we're still alive and ticking. The end of school year stuff has just kept me busy, busy, busy!

The end of May I went to Utah for a blogging conference and had a lot of fun. Due to some unfortunate lack of checking calandars correctly, Peter was also out of town and we flew my mom up to watch the kids. As near as I can tell, they had an absolute blast!

The day after Mom got home, though, she and Dad were in a motorcycle accident. They are both home from the hospital now and recovering well. It was still horrible and scary. Thanks so much for the extra prayers!

Kirsti's School Play

Since then there has been a nonstop barrage of assemblies and concerts and other such stuff.

After being home sick for 2 days, Kirsti was able to get back to school for her fantastic little school play.  She was the narrator in one of several short scenes..  The video is sort of quiet, but you can hear her part easily enough.  While home she spent her time playing with Matthew. Love the matching dragons!



Elise's and Ryan's concert

Elise and Ryan also had an end of year concert.  The hum you hear is all the high school band members.  I was not happy that they were so loud through the performance.  The teacher waited till about 45 seconds in to start singing (I think in hopes that it would quiet down)



Kids Take Golf Lessons


Also, the kids have started golf lessons.  The older ones take turns with a pro and the younger two get time with Dad.  They all LOVE it.  Here are Joseph and Matthew on their first lesson.




Lastly, we had a work party at this awesome dinosaur park.  It is way too expensive for us to pay to visit, so we enjoy the yearly party there.  See that spider web?  That is our five year old at the top.  Jumping.  Peter was having a heart attack!











My Kids' Dressing Choices

And, just in case your wondering, this is how my kids get out of the house sometimes:Yes, Joseph is at church in his oldest sneakers and NO SOCKS and Matthew is at Kirsti's play wearing red and blue tie dyed shirt with orange plaid pants.













 



I'm a good mom that way, the little hobos.

4 comments:

andrea said...

My favorite video was the golf lessons! I loved it when Peter said, "Joseph, you're gonna get killed..." So funny. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

Brenda said...

I loved the golf lesson too. I didn't think he would ever really hit the ball. The kids sure are growing fast. I can't wait to see you soon too! Our Utah trip still seem SO far away, but it is coming up.

Cluttered Brain said...

Your kiddos are sure cute. When did they get out of school?

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Yeah for all the videos. I loved them so much...and hooray for summer!